Red River Forage was started in the early 2000's by Wes Siemens. Since the beginning the focus has always been suppling a consistent premium quality straw or hay options to customers. This commitment to customer service and quality has helped grow the family farm from its humble beginnings over 20 years ago to where it currently is today.
Red River Forage has always been a family business with all siblings helping out since they could reach the pedals. In recent years, Wes's two sons and one daughter have formally joined the family farm to continue moving the family business forward. This depth in ownership as well as the commitment of the employees enables Red River Forage to focus on the small details of producing and harvesting top quality feed bales.
Red River Forage values working with suppliers and customers who mirror the integrity, honesty, accountability, passion, and commitment to constant improvement and entrepreneurial spirit of Red River Forage. Red River Forage appreciates and highly values its strong long term supplier and customer relationships it has developed over the years and recognizes them as part of its success.
Red River Forage has been producing straw for 20+ years. With that comes expertise in knowing the perfect time to harvest product to ensure straw quality. With a lineup of dependable and well maintained equipment and a seasoned harvest crew, it enables Red River Forage to quickly and efficiently bale, stack and store under roof the straw harvest.
Red River Forage has steadily grown its customer base to include customers all across Canada and the USA. By owning its own trucks and partnering with carriers looking for backhauls. Red River Forage can cost effectively reach locations across nearly all of Canada and the US.
Quality control measures take place multiple times through the production and shipping process. When bailing the straw, hauling the bales home and when shipping product out. Any bales not meeting the expectations of the customer are sorted out and set aside when loading.
Red River Forage has multi year supply agreements with local cereal farmers to ensure a steady yearly supply of wheat, oats, rye, canola and barley straw is available. This ensures consistent production year to year to serve customers with a steady year round supply.
Red River Forage has multiple options to specifically meet customers needs:
- Multiple types of straw(wheat, oats, rye ,barley, canola, flax and corn stover)
- Long, short and medium straw cut lengths
- Carrier network to set up regular consistent year round deliveries, deliver it all in a short window, setup a custom delivery schedule or deliver on short notice.
- Discounts applied for volume, "bedding quality" straw, delivery flexibility and deliveries off the field (subject to availability).
- Attention paid to quality
- Secure multi year straw supply in swath
- Well maintained fleet of equipment to harvest at peak quality
- Experienced harvest crew
- Straw is immediately hauled home and stored under roof after/while bailing to reduce risk of weather damage
- 3 stages of quality control (while bailing, hauling and shipping out)
- Custom delivery schedule to bring in straw when you need it (improves customers cashflow and reduces storage space needs)
- Cost effective and secure source. Minimal price fluctuations year to year
Although currently a smaller part of the farm, Red River Forage also grows and harvest alfalfa and grass hay. Red River Forage has been growing har for 20+ years. Plans in the near future are to grow Red River Forages supply of hay in the same dependable way as we have been supplying customers with premium quality straw.
Multi year supply agreements may be available for Red River Forage to contract grow, harvest and deliver hay in the future. Red River Forage has grown mainly a pure alfalfa stand as the soil in the Red River Valley makes for high protein and high yielding alfalfa hay. Occasionally a grass has been mixed in with the alfalfa to meet a wider range of potential customers.
Red River Forage hay has been used by dairy cattle, beef cattle, goats, sheep, horses and even for overseas export.
Our family grew up on the land of Red River Forage Hay & Straw. We are proud to help cattle farmers produce products that feed your families. Thank you for supporting this tradition.